With so many people worth following (and so many more people self-publishing), it gets hard to know what’s what. So you just end up following the obvious big names. These 21 people are some of the best d marketing experts in the world, and if you’re not already following them on LinkedIn, you should be.
1. Neil Patel is a true marketing legend. He is the co-founder of KISSmetrics and Crazy Egg. Both of these websites help business owners analyze their website traffic using methods that even other expert marketers sit up and pay attention to. When business owners get this detailed information, they’re able to develop marketing strategies that are more targeted for their specific audience and much more effective at driving clicks and conversions.
2. Shaun Sanders is a man who knows how to be a great manager. Saunders was educated at UC Berkeley and worked in the corporate sector as a sales executive for many years prior to founding his company. As a dynamic and diversified niche media company, Graffiti PR brings a cutting-edge perspective to media relations.
3. John Rampton is an entrepreneur in every sense of the word. He is a top editor for Search Engine Journal, along with being a founder for Hostt.com. Rampton is a specialized freelance writer, and Forbes has listed him as a blogging expert.
4. Ben Kaplan is another great inspiration. He’s been working in this field for 18 years and has held many highly sought after, reputable positions. Some of his jobs include being the founder and owner of his company Ben Kaplan Technologies, as well as the co-founder for COO, a highly efficient website that has been around since August 2009.
5. Peter Shankman is an aggressive and successful entrepreneur. He currently runs ShankMinds, which is a Business MasterMind Series, and is the co-host of The Mistake Podcast, a show that’s renowned across the globe.
6. Mary Long is a talented ghostwriter and digital marketer who knows how to produce results using “strategies you’ve yet to consider.” She heads Digital Media Ghost, one of the top ghostwriting sites in the world. You’ve seen her on Forbes.
7. Matt Wayne is an entertainment and social-media marketing expert who inspires countless individuals, businesses, and corporate brands to “be seen via world of mouth.” Since 2007, his flagship company (No Social Limits) has been the go-to source for targeted audience growth, as well as social-media management solutions.
8. Ann Smarty knows everything there is to know about SEO. She has been specializing in the topic for quite some time and is the founder of the website MyBlogU.com. Her company focuses on content marketing and helps advertisers connect with writers to promote their content in a way that is both noticeable and successful.
9. Eder Holguin is an entrepreneur who understands how to get progress on projects. He is the founder and CEO of Ideal Media, a website that lets users display their content so they can get more exposure. Holguin developed a system that gets views through advertising and the Audience Amplification Network. He is very knowledgeable and can help your business just by following some of his revolutionary leads.
10. Amy Vernon is the owner of a company that specializes in freelance writing and editing. She covers many different topics and uses social-marketing strategies to make people more successful. She also helps companies promote products and messages. If you want to see a good marketing model, she is the person to follow.
11. Brent Csutoras is a marketing specialist who spends his time helping people build strong social teams for better production. He knows how to take a rough draft of a social-media plan and turn it into a fully functioning, highly organized system that gets you the results you want to see.
12. Charise Strandberg is another great example of a social-media strategist. She knows that getting the right audience to your page can sometimes be a challenge, but she strives to make sure that people get the audience they deserve through her customer relationship management skills and marketing expertise.
13. Marcus Tober is the president at Searchmetrics. He specializes in leveraging companies’ data to discover which kinds of advertising they should be doing to improve performance and enhance visibility.
14. Cynthia Johnson is an active social-media marketing consultant and educator. She is the director of social-media marketing at RankLab, a digital marketing agency in Santa Monica, California. She operates a weekly Twitter chat, #TheSMGirl, on social-media marketing and is an active blogger for several social-media blogs, including SocialMediaClub.org.
15. Anita Newton is a rock star expert marketer and marketing vice president at AdKnowledge, where she is in charge of the big picture, making sure customers are getting a steady supply of consumers for their products. She knows what it takes to get a product selling and can effectively market your business on many platforms. Businesses take note of her latest marketing publications for valuable tips. Newton also writes for Inc.com.
16. Brian Solis is a principal analyst for a company called Altimeter Group. He works with a range of businesses on projects requiring new media strategies and emerging technologies. He is well-known as a “futurist” and has a long history of creating successful frameworks that influence not only business and marketing but also society. Solis is very talented at what he does, and his page should not be missed.
17. Greg Rollett is a best-selling author and the CEO for a marketing company named The ProductPros. Rollett has worked his entire life to get where he is today, and he excels in marketing. He knows how to bring a product to the consumer efficiently and effectively and how to use social media to reach the largest possible audience.
18. Shawn Collins has been an affiliate marketer since 1997 and is the co-founder of the world’s largest affiliate-focused conference, Affiliate Summit. With two conferences a year, Affiliate Summit hosts thousands of attendees and is the top-notch event in the affiliate space.
19. Dennis Goedegebuure is the head of global SEO at Airbnb, where he specializes in search engine marketing and optimization strategies. He is full of original ideas that will help your company increase sales and visibility.
20. Jeff Bullas is a CEO of his own company, jeffbullas.com, where he helps companies with new media and Web services. More specifically, he helps companies with social-media marketing, content marketing, and any other form of promotion suited to a company’s target audience. Bullas is a very influential member of the marketing community.
21.. Drew Hendricks is an experienced social-media strategist. He has written for top websites such as Forbes.