This is by far the biggest obstacle many face when building an email list. They have no idea how to market to these people. Even well established marketers find this process difficult. Here’s a few ideas to get you going…
- Send personal Information and anecdotes to help build rapport
- Direct subscribers to new blog posts on your website, and other blog posts they will find valuable across the web
- Introduce them to free tools that can help save them time with their daily tasks
- Breaking news in the industry
- Businesses and products you are involved in
- Any new products that you are interested in yourself
As long as your goal is to provide value above anything else you will do very little wrong. And remember, you will learn all this stuff as you progress further in your business anyway, so don’t look at this as being daunting task, it’s a journey that needs to enjoyed and NOT over complicated.
WATCH THIS VIDEO ON HOW TO BUILD TRUST WITH YOUR EMAIL LIST
Email remains one of the most powerful ways to increase your sales, especially if you are an online retailer. But just emailing without a plan isn’t going to work for you. In fact, doing anything without a plan probably won’t work. But especially when it comes to emails.
According to a new study, trust and relevance are the two key factors people consider when they receive emails from small businesses. What does that mean? In order for you to increase your sales via direct marketing and email campaigns your list has to already trust you.